Is Your Money Mindset Holding You Back? (Part 1 of 2)
Your money mindset is an essential part of your financial success. It's developed from your life experiences, and encompasses the thoughts and feelings you subconsciously have about money. Since our thoughts often control our actions, developing a negative money mindset can impede your financial health.
Here are some questions to help you determine your money mindset:
- Do thoughts about money feel unpleasant or uncomfortable?
- Are you pleased with your life?
- How do you see yourself? Are you prosperous, or are you having difficulty?
- Can you remember your earliest memories about money?
- Can you discuss money comfortably?
Write a sentence that best explains how you feel about wealth and abundance.
- When you were growing up, did you think of yourself as rich or poor?
- When you were growing up, was money ever a source of contention?
- Does money play an integral part in your thinking?
- What is your degree of stress and anxiety about money?
Think about your answers. If they denote anxiety or tension, your money mindset may be holding you back from living a gratifying and prosperous life. If your answers were comfortable and pleasant, you are probably on the right path.
Only you can change your money mindset. You will need to decide if you want to shift, adjust or strengthen it. If you are willing to feel more self-assured with your money, then stay tuned for Part 2.